When it comes to tipping, there are many professions that come to mind, such as waiters, hairdressers, and delivery drivers. But what about plumbers? Should you tip them for their services? In this blog post, we’ll discuss whether or not you should tip plumbers, when to tip them, and when not to tip them.
Should You Tip Plumbers?
The short answer is, it’s up to you. Tipping is not mandatory, but it is always appreciated.
If you feel that the plumber went above and beyond to provide exceptional service, then tipping is a great way to show your gratitude.
Overall, plumbers do not expect to receive a tip for their work. This is because most plumbers have a clear idea of how to price their jobs and will include their extra effort in the final bill.
For example, you may feel like an emergency plumber deserves a tip for fixing a leak in the middle of the night. While their effort is appreciated, emergency plumbers are already charging you extra for the added effort required.
When Should You Tip a Plumber?
If you decide to tip a plumber, it’s important to know when to do so. Here are some situations where tipping would be appropriate:
- Extra work: If the plumber went above and beyond their duties, such as fixing additional plumbing issues or cleaning up after themselves, then tipping would be appropriate.
- Great customer service: If the plumber was friendly, informative, and provided great customer service, then tipping would be a way to show your appreciation.
When Not To Tip
While tipping is appreciated, there are some situations where it may not be necessary. Here are some examples:
- Unsatisfactory service: If the plumber did not provide satisfactory service, then tipping is not required.
- Regular business hours: If the plumber provided their services during regular business hours, then tipping is not expected.
- Company policy: Some plumbing companies may have a policy against accepting tips. In this case, it’s best to follow their guidelines.
How Much Should You Tip Plumbers?
When deciding how much to tip a plumber, consider the cost of the job and how valuable the service is to you. That being said, paying an extra 10% as a tip would be appreciated by most plumbers.
Ultimately, the amount to tip plumbers for going above and beyond is up to you.
Final Thoughts on Tipping Plumbers
In summary, tipping plumbers is not mandatory, but it’s always appreciated. If the plumber provided exceptional service or went above and beyond their duties, then tipping would be appropriate. However, if the service was satisfactory or the plumber worked during regular business hours, then tipping is not necessary. Remember to always follow company policies and tip at your own discretion.