- No supervisory responsibilities.
- No travel required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position is usually scheduled for 4pm – 12am. Employee must be willing to also work the following shifts: 8pm – 4am; 12am – 8am; 4am – 12pm; 8am – 4pm.
- Paid Johnson Controls Metasys training and certification provided.
- Operations and maintenance support to the Energy Control staff by responding to calls of a controls related nature and performing PM, testing, calibration and other work associated with operation of MEDVAMC BSM controls and related BSE controlled by these systems.
- Any required preventive maintenance to the energy management systems and components and related BSE controlled by BMS systems to include testing of control and controlled components, replacement of bad components, including valves, dampers, and their respective controllers for both electric and pneumatic systems.
- Repairs to HVAC energy management systems and components and related BSE utilizing HVAC energy management DDC systems to evaluate equipment performance for operational issues.
- Reporting for each work order request and corrective action.
- Investigate Metasys systems and the applicability of each of these programs on a system-by-system basis.
- Complete training in automation controls and HVAC.
- Complete HVAC Preventative Maintenance and repairs in various parts of the country as needed.
- Assist with:
- Tune-up, calibration, and maintenance to include an analysis of the Chiller plant control system, HVAC Control system, as well as applicable building control technologies related to MEDVAMC BSE.
- Update and correct deficiencies within the existing BMS system and BSE, increase the energy efficiency of the facility through maintenance of the BMS and BMS to provide options and alternatives that may improve the overall BMS (equipment calibration, system modifications, etc.) during the process.
- Recommendations to MEDVAMC on energy savings opportunities.
- Development and programming of HVAC and energy optimization strategies.
- Technical review sessions to MEDVAMC operational and engineering personnel and contract personnel on HVAC system programming as it pertains to MEDVAMC’s equipment.
- HVAC energy management reports that are available within the Metasys systems to the customer monthly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to proficiently read Mechanical and Electrical blueprints.
- Physical ability to perform all necessary job responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing or Controls Field..
- 30-Hour OSHA Certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Metasys factory training a plus.
- May have to spend prolonged outside exposed to inclement weather and/or temperatures.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools, lift/carry 50 lbs., and to work on ladders/step stools.
RJY Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.