Norrell Construction Management Inc
Houston Ship Channel Area
Functionally Reports into
The Pipefitter Helper will provide assistance and support to experienced pipefitters in the installation, maintenance, and repair of piping systems. This role requires a strong work ethic, the ability to follow instructions, and a willingness to learn and develop skills in the pipefitting trade. They will perform various tasks to ensure that the job is completed safely, efficiently, and accurately. These tasks include preparing work areas, gathering tools and materials, and cleaning up after the job is done.
2+ years of related experience
Works well in a team environment, has great customer service skills, and a neat appearance.
Commercial, multifamily, retail, industrial, and/or medical construction experience required.
Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
Must have a valid Driver's License.
Must pass drug and background check.
- Assisting Pipefitters: Provide assistance to experienced pipefitters in the layout, assembly, installation, and maintenance of various piping systems, including but not limited to, water, gas, steam, and hydraulic systems.
- Material Handling: Transport and handle pipes, fittings, valves, and other related materials required for the pipefitting tasks. Ensure proper care and storage of materials to prevent damage or loss.
- Tool Preparation: Gather and organize tools, equipment, and materials needed for pipefitting projects. Keep tools and equipment in good working condition, perform basic maintenance, and report any issues or defects.
- Pipe Cutting and Preparation: Assist in measuring, cutting, and preparing pipes for installation or repair. This may involve using hand tools, power tools, and pipe-cutting machinery
- Pipefitting Support: Hold, position, and align pipes during assembly and installation. Assist in connecting pipes, fittings, and valves using appropriate methods such as welding, brazing, soldering, or threading.
- Pipe Insulation and Protection: Assist in applying insulation materials to pipes to ensure proper temperature regulation. Support in the installation of protective coatings or wraps to prevent corrosion or damage.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety regulations and guidelines while performing duties. Report any potential hazards or unsafe conditions to the supervisor or designated personnel.
- Site Cleanup: Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas before, during, and after pipefitting tasks. Dispose of waste materials and debris appropriately.
- Learning and Development: Actively participate in on-the-job training and skill development opportunities provided by experienced pipefitters. Strive to expand knowledge and proficiency in pipefitting techniques, tools, and materials.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & CAPABILITIES
- High level of intellectual ability.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Adapts to changes in work environment.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Norrell Construction is required .
Norrell Construction, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law