This plumbing maintenance involves maintaining and repairing water supply and waste systems in a condominium community's residential units and public facilities. The general purpose of this position is to install and repair pipes and fixtures of water supply and drainage systems by codes, regulations, and safety specifications. This work requires that the employee have considerable knowledge, skill, and ability in plumbing principles and trade practices.
- Immediate opening
- Union environment Teamsters contract
- Comprehensive Teamsters health benefits
- Matching 401k plan
- Employer covered Life Insurance
- All work on-site within the community; no excessive travel
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Investigate complaints, inspect sites, isolate leaks, and determine work aids required and the sequence of installations.
- Cuts bend, sweats, and assembles pipes using appropriate fittings, compounds, and solvents.
- Repairs and replaces burst pipes above and under slabs using various methods for individual situations and units.
- Repairs, maintains, and replaces plumbing fixtures such as leaky faucets, plugged drains, defective valves, etc.
- Works in cooperation with site maintenance crews and other trades to minimize overlap in performing
- Uses all tools, equipment, and materials responsibly and performs basic inspection and preventive maintenance before use.
- Responds to emergency calls after regular working hours.
- Performs related duties as required.
- A high school or vocational school diploma, formal apprenticeship training in plumbing work, and three to five years of experience as a Maintenance Plumber.
- Must have a valid State of Connecticut driver's license and a P-2 Unlimited Plumbing Journeyman Occupational license (P1 recommended)
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and practices used in the plumbing trade. Considerable skill in the care and proper use of tools and equipment used in the plumbing trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the work standards and safety procedures in plumbing maintenance work. Considerable ability to perform plumbing repair and maintenance safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Considerable ability to follow oral and written instructions and to make decisions according to plumbing codes, regulations, and safety specifications.
- Considerable ability to make time and material estimates and to work from schematic drawings.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers .
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee will frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to read and interpret documents such as plumbing codes and procedure manuals. This position requires the employee to be able to write standard reports and communicate effectively in one-on-one situations. The employee must also be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.