RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Discounts on products and services for life’s necessities such as phone, internet and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
What you’ll be working on:
- Waste and Vent
- Cast Iron and PVC
- Domestic Water Systems
- Copper, Pex, and CPVC
- Natural Gas Systems
- Underground Plumbing
- Storm Drain Systems
What is expected of a Plumber:
- Receives direct supervision.
- Performs technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
- Skilled specialist.
- Role specific skills and experience required.
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021.
ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for RK’s suicide prevention efforts
ISO 9001:2015 System Standards
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standards
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Specification Standards
AISC Shop Fabrication Certification, since 2010; Field Erector Certification since 2017
ASME Stamps: R, S, U, and U2 - Class 1 and 2. U Stamp since 2012. U2 Stamp since 2015.
Colorado Resolution 35 Standards Certification for Modular Building Manufacturing, since 2015
RK MECHANICAL AWARDS
ABC’s Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors: Ranked #2 in 2022, Ranked #3, 2021, Ranked #2, 2020
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Mechanical Contractors: Ranked #1 since 2015
ABC Excellence In Construction Awards (Regional)
Miramar - Salt Lake Data Center, 2021 Award of Excellence
Ascent Union Station, 2020 Award of Excellence
Engineering News Record Top 600 Specialty Contractors: #97 in 2022, #101 in 2021, #95 in 2020, #70 in 2019, #67 in 2018
Engineering News Record Top 50 Mechanical Firms: #33 in 2022, #47 in 2021, #39 in 2020, #29 in 2019, 2011-2017