To maintain, install and repair all district plumbing and related equipment in order to minimize interruption of the education process.
Journeyman Plumber’s license (TX)
Driving record that meets the requirements of the district’s insurance carrier
Must obtain a structural pest control license within one year
Ability to read blueprints
Ability to operate backhoe and ditch trencher
Five years experience in plumbing trade with background in repair, remodeling, and new construction
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate acceptable work habits including teamwork, initiative and dependability.
2. Report to work on time each day
3. Clean sanitary sewer lines.
4. Repair water leaks.
5. Maintain all gas lines in safe condition and perform gas leaks tests as directed.
6. Repair drinking fountain fixtures.
7. Install new plumbing and domestic water systems as needed in existing facilities.
8. Maintain and repair sewage and sump pumps.
9. Maintain and repair hot water circulating pumps and hot water heaters.
10. Perform other functions as required by the Maintenance Manager.
11. Maintain and repair all restroom related plumbing.
12. Maintain and repair or remodel all kitchen related plumbing.
13. Perform any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions
Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
Ability to meet deadlines and alter work priorities
Frequent driving of vehicles
Continuous working with machinery
Continuous climbing of ladders and stairs
Continuous pulling, lifting carrying and dragging
Frequent working at heights
Requires quick reactions, good balance and steady hands
Rain, snow, sleet, lightning, wind, sun, ice
Roof tar, grease, oils
Ceiling tile fibers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $51,140.00 per year
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Do you have a Journeyman Plumbing License?
Work Location: In person