Looking for a highly motivated, self-starter. As a Plant Master Plumber, you will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the day-to-day execution of the work, progress, and performance of a project. The purpose of this job is to support production and quality by ensuring operation of all steam, water, air, and drain systems. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF and our Construction and Repair process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installs, repairs, maintains, tests and upgrades plumbing, piping systems, equipment
(Schedule 40 &80 pipe, PVC, CPVC, Poly tubing, etc.)
• Tests, repairs, and maintains backflow prevention and condensate return devices.
• Troubleshoots systems to overcome production issues and enhances performance.
• Responsible for all required permits and registrations.
• Read industrial flow diagrams and plumbing blueprints and apply plumbing codes.
• Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Work in all plant areas including heights in and outside the plant, extreme temperatures.
• Performs all other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
• Preferred masters license; however will take applications for journeyman license, and will pay
journeyman to test for master’s license within 3 months of employment.
• Licensed with knowledge of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
• Backflow preventer and vacuum breaker testing and repair certifications or the ability to
obtain both certificates in 6 months from date of hire.
• Minimum 5 years plumbing experience required.
• Experience in food plant and production systems installation and/or equipment maintenance
including repair preferred.
• Ability to obtain a high-pressure piping license to work on high-pressure steam greater than
15psi and ammonia within 1 year.
• ASSE Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certificate preferred
• ASSE Certified Backflow Assembly Repairer Certificate preferred
Salary/Hourly Rate – 35-55/hour DOQ
|Job Category||Minnesota Plumbing Jobs|