- Managing multiple fire protection and plumbing subcontractors performing large scopes of work
- Extensive experience on large industrial projects required, semiconductor preferred.
- Managing the technical information required to deliver the fire protection and plumbing scope of work.
- Collaborating with design professionals, clients, subcontractors, and tradesmen to address all levels of fire protection and plumbing issues.
- Leading all fire protection and plumbing quality control efforts and document control onsite
- Managing the fab fire protection and plumbing scope for the project.
- Understanding of construction documents, submittals, and technical documents.
- Lead project meetings involving all project stakeholders (GC, owner, design team, multiple subcontractors, local AHJ) to coordinate/drive fire protection and plumbing construction activities.
- Support procurement of fire protection and plumbing discipline scope of work.
- Manage fire protection and plumbing subcontractor contracts and contract modifications
- Organization, completion and filing of project documents
- Writing and publishing meeting minutes.
- Review and process project submittal information and coordinate between multiple submittals to ensure the accuracy and functionality of each component of the various MEP systems
- Ability to provide conceptual and detailed estimate scopes of work, drawings, and specifications.
- Work schedule must be flexible to accommodate changing construction sequences as required to support the critical path schedule for the project.
- Develop the resource manloader for the fire protection and plumbing discipline and provide resource leveling when required by the project schedule.
- Ability to coordinate fire protection and plumbing systems with other disciplines within the overall project design.
- Receiving and distributing RFI’s and change control documents
- Review and justify change orders based on merit against contracted scope and schedule.
- Evaluate monthly pay applications, verification of percent complete, and schedule of values
- Verify all documentation is complete and equipment being readied for startup is construction complete and can be safely started.
- Interface between GC area superintendents and multiple subcontractors to assist in coordinating fab fire protection and plumbing start-up and commissioning.
- Organize and facilitate training of owner staff in the operations and maintenance of fire protection and plumbing systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Must be knowledgeable with fire protection and plumbing installations.
- Experience organizing and reviewing detailed technical data. Familiar with WBS breakdown and masterformat system for fire suppression and plumbing scopes of work (e.g. Div. 21 & 22).
- Ability to work closely with trade and craft people in the field.
- Skill in multi-tasking while frequently interrupted by phone calls and urgent questions on work in progress.
- Knowledgeable in design drawing and specification comprehension.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with critical path method scheduling software such as Suretrack Project Manager and Primavera Project Planner (P6) experience. Experience with Project Management Software such as Procor, BIM, Cx Alloy, Bluebeam.
|Job Category||Oregon Plumbing Jobs|