Allen & Shariff is seeking a Plumbing Designer for our Pittsburgh, PA office. The Designer works independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Designer will work on several concurrent projects. The Designer has gained extensive experience in all areas of plumbing design and is a recognized expert in his/her discipline.
The essential functions of the Plumbing Designer are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project, breaks a project into tasks, and works with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for mechanical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes. Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within ASE and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) preferred.
- Revit Required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience required
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED AP credentials a plus.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems effectively to complete design work.
Allen & Shariff is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Allen & Shariff is a Design-Build-Manage company that provides Engineering, Construction, and Project Management services to clients worldwide. Allen & Shariff services include MEP Design, Commissioning , General Contracting, Project Management , and Green & Energy Consulting . The skills of our people, our proven sub-consultants, and our commitment to quality service and client satisfaction make the Allen & Shariff team a valued and trusted partner.
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Maryland Plumbing Jobs|