|Date Posted||January 6, 2018|
The Apprentice Plumbers assist in the assembly, installation and repair of plumbing, water flow and drainage systems in accordance with city, state and federal plumbing codes. This may include everything from digging trenches for new pipeline to installing new hardware for faucets, showers and toilets in residential homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities. Position will provide hourly wages, no piece work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the assembly, installation, and repair of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.