|Date Posted||January 4, 2018|
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities.
Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength.
OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long-term business success.
The jobsite located in Calumet, OK has an opening for a Carpenter.
Some core responsibilities for a carpenter include:
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Utilize hammers, pry-bars, chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Work on ladders, and scaffolding.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Aim to achieve high production with good quality output
- Perform other duties as required.
- Tools and equipment typically used are:
- Framing hammers
- Sledge hammers
- Portable band saws
- Portable dirt compactors
- Other power tools
- Bull floats
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a pipefitter include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
- Two years of previous experience as a carpenter.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to read blueprints and do basic math calculations
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work outside in extreme heat, humidity, and cold conditions.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings.
- Must be willing and able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Must be able to meet basic physical requirements.
- Five years of previous experience as a carpenter.
- Previous experience in oil and gas construction.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf