|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Our Appliances, HVAC & Lighting (AHL) division is growing, we're seeking an Engineer to join our Water and Plumbing team!
In this position you will work directly with customers, evaluating plumbing and drinking water products to industry standards including fixtures, faucets, pipes, valves, coatings, pumps, water filters and other products that contacts water.
Our ideal candidate will have regulatory or certification experience with a working knowledge of plumbing and industry standards for drinking water, including NSF/ANSI, ASME, ASSE and CSA standards. Our new team member possess excellent communication, customer service and project management skills, with an ability to apply engineering concepts to products in the field.
If you are organized, detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills, we have the opportunity for you!
As an Engineer, will also be responsible for the following:
- Determining project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction.
- Initiates communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services. Follows up on contacts from clients.
- Establishes appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements.
- Coordinates laboratory activities by preparing data sheets and instructions to technicians, scheduling and reviewing work of laboratory technicians and engineering assistants, and establishing completion dates.
- Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Prepares Follow-Up Service Procedures and information pages.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Resolves engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
- Assists in developing and running special test methods and test equipment. Analyzes test program for adequacy and sequence. May coordinate and/or perform File Reviews, as directed. May represent UL at industry related functions such as seminars and trade shows.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred, or related Science Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes and standards preferred.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Desire, passion, and ambition to learn.