|Date Posted||June 10, 2018|
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic/Plumber/Welder
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for an HVAC Mechanic/Plumber/Welder in Arlington, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) work as directed, including maintenance and repair of equipment. Equipment includes fans, air handlers, pumps, motors, cooling towers, chillers, compressors, and related equipment and controls.
- Repair thermal insulation on pipes and equipment.
- Perform plumbing work at the journeyman level, including repairs, maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Perform repairs and basic fabrication of steel pipe, plate, and shapes by welding.
- Work without direct supervision.
- Direct and assist a general maintenance worker as needed.
- Follow applicable regulations, e.g., OSHA, EPA, ASHRAE, IPC, etc.
- Able to obtain a Pentagon building pass.
- Journeyman plumbing license from Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC.
- Journeyman or greater HVAC technician license from Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC.
- Universal CFC license
- Able to write, read, and speak English
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Able to work indoors or outdoors, and in unconditioned spaces
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Good customer service skills
- 7 years or more of experience maintaining and troubleshooting Liebert and Stulz computer room air conditioning units.
- Willing to obtain ANSI Section IX welding certification.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled