|Date Posted||October 12, 2017|
Focus Construction specializes in the construction and renovation of hospitality, residential, and mixed-use properties in major markets throughout the U.S. The Focus team is composed of dedicated professionals providing creative, innovative, and quality solutions for all of our projects. Focus Construction is headquartered in South Florida.
The Licensed Plumber position reports to the Director of Construction. Provides a full range of plumbing services for Focus Construction, LLC. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years hands on plumbing experience in operations and maintenance services with a minimum of three years of experience in large facility physical plant and building operations.
- Responsible for assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Reviews and understands building plans and working drawings to determine required work tools and equipment, and sequence of installation for each project.
- Installation and repair of pipes, fittings, fixtures and drainage systems.
- Five years of experience as a journeyman plumber.
- Working knowledge of the codes of the HVAC and plumbing trades.
- Able to proactively analyze a situation and make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, plumbing codes and accepted trade practice.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the plumbing trade and related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing systems and equipment.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare daily reports and work orders.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- An AS degree in plumbing from a two-year college and/or equivalent field experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Journeyman Plumber is required.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position.
Working Environment: The candidate will work on construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with such sites.
Work Schedule: This position requires that the ideal candidate is on-call 24/7 and must be willing to quickly respond to all critical plumbing issues.