|Date Posted||January 2, 2018|
The Plumber will provide a variety of skilled duties in and around the building and grounds, with the primary duties being in plumbing and steam line installations, repairs and preventive maintenance. Assists other trades as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required with post-graduate training in all phases of plumbing, steam-fitting and heating.
- A State of Connecticut, CT- P1 Contractor License is required. S2 License Preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain a driving record free of any violations and pass a safe driving educational program upon hire and annually thereafter in order to participate in the Fleet Vehicle Program as outlined in the Eastern Connecticut Health Network’s Environment of Care Safety Policies and Procedures #110.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in the installation and repair of all types of plumbing equipment.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Attends mandatory training and in-services. Cross trains co-workers and other team members as necessary.
2. Keeps work areas, shops and utility rooms neat clean and organized. Obeys environmental requirements for disposal and handling of hazardous and universal wastes and products.
3. Performs repair operations on relative trade systems and components. Coordinates shutdown activity and notifies staff accordingly. Responds, diagnosis, and performs repairs as necessary. Prioritizes work assignments based on needs of hospital. Keeps track of open work orders. Controls backlog of work orders. Periodically, informs supervisor and requesting department of status.
4. Completes assigned Preventive Maintenance work orders per priority and risk assessed order of importance.
5. Completes paper work including; Daily work summary, shutdown notices, utility system failure occurrences, rounds sheets, time off requests.
6. Maintains and uses all department tools and equipment as established in Policies and Procedures and manufactures recommendation.
7. Maintains inventory of parts and materials for daily repairs and to expedite emergency repairs, PM’s and projects.
8. Complies with the department and hospital safety policies and procedures and contributes to the overall safe operation of the hospital facility. Complies with safety policies including; Fire plan, code response, MSDS, Utility Management Plans, LOTO, conf space, fall protection, …
9. Supports on call and emergency response as required. Assist snow coverage as required.
10. Works with Department Directors/Managers to address, schedule, complete, provide status on projects, repairs and PM’s to keep the respective departments informed of the activity.
11. Competent in trade specific knowledge, responsibility and duties.