|Date Posted||January 5, 2018|
Enjoy a more exciting and stable career with a leading manufacturer of aluminum catamarans. Join a growing organization that still maintains a small company culture where your ideas and expertise are more valued.
Due to growth, our client is looking for a Marine Plumber/Systems Technician for their Port Angeles, WA location. From fire and survey vessels to passenger and patrol boats, you will enjoy a wide variety of projects in a clean, indoor work environment. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment including plumbing of water, fuel, hydraulic, bilge, and related components.
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation ($14-18/hour to start) plus available overtime
- Great benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance policy, and 401(k) with 4% match
- Room for advancement – the plant manager began his career with our client as a mechanic and moved his way up through the company
- Paid holidays, vacation time and sick leave
- Our client will help you obtain the ABYC Marine Systems Certification if not already certified
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan pipe system layout and complete installation according to specifications.
- Cut and thread pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Select pipe sizes, types, or related materials, such as supports, hangers, or hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting or threading.
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Lay out pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Cut or bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, or mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand or power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.