|Date Posted||March 11, 2018|
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top 'Go-To' Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ currently has a rewarding Mechanical Engineer – HVAC and Plumbing opening in our Columbus, OH office.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design heating-ventilation-cooling and plumbing systems.
- Load calculations, life cycle costing and energy modeling.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and work in a team environment.
- Review installation of designed equipment/systems for compliance with construction documents.
- Perform duties with multiple projects within the established schedules.
- Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
- Work on concurrent projects.
- Prepare construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope
- Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.