This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Date Posted||May 15, 2018|
System One is seeking a Mechanical Superintendent in the Marietta, GA area.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN.
9 Month Assignment. (Local Talent ONLY)
Hours Per Week: 40.00
- Provide on-site administrative and technical management of field related activities on construction project site.
- Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, other contractors, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- May authorize and/or approve purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
- Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Responsible for cost control and project scheduling. Other duties as assigned.
- We will be looking for a piping/pipefitter background that has experience with cooling tower, chillers, welded piping systems, and HVAC systems in an industrial or light industrial setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience in a similar facility.
- Position requires excellent communications skills and supervisory skills of field construction personnel.