|Date Posted||January 1, 2018|
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities.
Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength.
OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long term business success.
The JOBSITE located in Calumet, OK has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator.
Some core responsibilities for a heavy equipment operator include:
- Operates Excavator equipment to meet work schedules and productivity requirements.
- Operates loader equipment to transport materials to meet work schedules and productivity requirements.
- Operate heavy equipment such as front end loaders, dozers and graders in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Travels to job site; required to spend extended periods of time out of town and live in areas outside of Houston.
- Ability to operate all other job site equipment and machinery as requested or required.
- Maintenance and repair of machinery as requested or required.
- Ensure no digging is done unless all safety precautions have been taken to ensure lines are not broken
- Follow signal directions while safely operating equipment
Proficient in operating 550 or 850 dozer, mid-sized track hoe, rubber tired backhoe, and standard skid steer.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a pipefitter include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
- At least three years of experience as an equipment operator
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat, humidity, and cold conditions
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be able and willing to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be able to meet basic physical requirements
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Five years of experience as an equipment operator
- Have an active certification from an accredited training center
- Previous experience in oil and gas construction
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf