|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2017|
• Ensure all pneumatic and hydraulic components are installed, tested and functioning in accordance with customer specifications, drawings, and Valiant and safety standards;
• Be involved in line up meetings for up-front planning purposes and to ensure that estimated hours are accurate;
• Be involved during the design phase to provide input on controls design and to obtain advance knowledge of job content;
• Organize material, lead and provide technical direction to outside contractors and internal apprentices;
• In conjunction with the build leader and other trades, ensure jobs are completed on time in accordance with project time lines and customer delivery schedules;
• Assume a troubleshooting role during the tryout phase of equipment; and
• Provide technical assistance in the installation of equipment at customer locations.
• To perform other duties as required and as directed by the Leadership;
• Has the authority and obligation to stop production in case unsafe working conditions are observed; and
Has the obligation to notify his or her supervisor and/or a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee of any safety related matters requiring immediate attention.
• Completion of an Industrial Pipefitter apprenticeship program, and/or 5+ years of experience working as a pipefitter in an industrial environment;
• Extensive experience in machine tool build, preferably in welding and assembly systems and closure setting equipment;
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret pneumatic and fluid drawings;
• Demonstrated ability to lead jobs;
• Ability and willingness to work at customer sites in Canada, the United States and Mexico;
• Good written and oral communication skills; and
Ability to work well in a "Team-Based" working environment.