|Date Posted||September 14, 2018|
NPL Construction Co. is a recognized leader in underground and overhead utility and energy distribution construction with a workforce of over 5,000 and operations is more than 20 states. Built on 50 years of experience, NPL’s range of safe, high quality and sustainable construction solutions have earned an industry reputation for excellence in reliable performance and customer satisfaction. We leverage our expertise and capacity for the benefit of our customers and the communities they serve.
NPL is part of Centuri Construction Group, a comprehensive construction services enterprise dedicated to meeting the growing demands of North American utilities, energy and industrial markets. Centuri companies are focused on safely delivering sustainable solutions to our customers, while laying the foundation in the markets we serve for the next 100 years.
The Pipefitter/Fuser performs the skilled journey-level pipefitter/fuser work required to install, modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain new and existing underground gas distribution piping systems and is accountable to safety, quality and productivity standards.
Standard Position Tasks
• Using a hand shovel, dig around existing utility structures to prevent damage
• Load and unload equipment and materials
• Keep worksite clean and organized free from unnecessary hazards
• Preforming regular maintenance and cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
Specialty Position Tasks
• Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, appurtenances, and equipment for gas, on the basis of knowledge of system operation and study of working drawings and gas standards manuals.
• Performs all work safely and follows company policies and procedures at all times. Interprets safety data sheets (SDSs) and identifies chemicals using the Hazardous Material Identification. Properly wears personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform work safely.
• Ensures Preventive Maintenance and Inspection Program of equipment is being performed and recorded.
• Reads and interprets fusion procedures, product manufacturer instructions, and customer construction standards.
• Joins piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
• Examines and Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Use calibrated inspection tools
• Verify specifications by performing and recording QA tests & measurements on a wide variety of equipment
• Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications
Physical and Environmental Demands
• Ability to tolerate work in the extremes of weather without complaining is essential
• Distinguish safety colors with 20/20 eyesight using corrective lenses if necessary
• Ability to speak and hear worksite safety instructions
• Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand to use hand and/or power tools. Must maintain mobility to perform duties at ground level and below in ditches. Must be able to work off a step ladder. Major portions of the work day require these activities.
• Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to use hand and/or power tools. Major portions of the work day require this activity.
• Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 lbs. overhead and 75 lbs. pushing/pulling.
• Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
• Ability to work with a heightened awareness within the “red zone” of heavy equipment
• Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice
• Ability to stand for long periods (up to 14 hours at a time)
• Quick and accurate hand-eye coordination to work safely
Post Hire Requirements
- Maintain OSHA certifications
- Maintain satisfactory safety record
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide US work authorization documents
- In-state driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and no DUIs within a two year rolling period
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check
- Hold/obtain and maintain DOT medical card
- Pass all qualification tests
- Provide own steel/composite-toed work boots and prescription safety glasses (as needed)
- Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice
- Join and maintain union membership
Provided Training and Benefits
• OSHA certification training
• Pipefitting training
• Professional development training
• Employee Assistance program benefit
• Health Insurance Plan benefit
• Retirement Plan benefit
• Work Boot Allowance
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh