|Date Posted||June 8, 2018|
Job Description The Pipefitter Journeyperson will perform all task required as it pertains to the modernization and repair of US Navy vessels. This position will support BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards.
Required Skills and Education The following skills and abilities are required for the position.
- Able to perform with minimum supervision.
- Capable of initiating accurate job memos (discrepancies, as found reports, job status, etc.)
- Able to lay‐out pipe from drawings.
- Capable of learning the operation of all types of Company pipe benders for all types of pipe and tubing.
- Able to operate a shear, and band saw
- Capable in miter work for ferrous and non-ferrous pipes.
- Able to target and fab piping sections
- Capable of being certified to two Hawaii Shipyard, Inc. welding procedures.
- Able to read Blue Prints and Layouts.
- Capable of interpreting specs (work orders), performing ship checks, gathering materials and
execute the job order
- Must maintain good attendance and good attitude.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be a US Citizen or Naturalized
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam and/or any other required security clearances
- Must have 5 years of working experience working as a Pipefitter or equivalent
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Must be able to apply to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Must know how to measure using a scale and tape measure.
- Must be able to board, ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to use personal hand tools (adjustable wrenches, wire cutters, pliers, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Education Apprentice Graduate preferred but not required.
Knowledge in Navy standard items. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression