|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
Incorporated in Texas in 1966, Bo-Mac originally focused on providing civil, pipeline and other construction services for the petroleum exploration industry. In 1974, pile driving capability was added and our primary market expanded to include construction related to the oil and gas refining industry and the petrochemical processing industry. Asphalt manufacturing and paving capabilities were added in 1985 with service primarily to the Texas Department of Transportation. Expansion continued in 1989 with the addition of marine piling and dock construction capabilities. #bomac#
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd. in the BEAUMONT / PORT ARTHUR, TX area is offering challenging and exciting career opportunities for Pipefitters. We are seeking qualified candidates that are focused on project success and exceeding customer expectations. Qualified candidates must be able to perform all duties listed below safely and follow all the company’s safety procedures.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles and installs piping and piping systems, fixtures and equipment for industrial utilities and process systems such as steam, water heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and other process systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass and plastic.
- Joins piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused or cemented joints.
- Secures pipe to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers using hand tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- May weld pipe supports to structures.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Preference given to candidates with a minimum of two (2) years as a Pipefitter in refinery, chemical, petrochemical, or similar industrial plant construction or maintenance, performing the work described herein. Must be able to perform work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, make decisions based on measured criteria, read and understand drawings and specifications, visualize objects in
Applications valid through June 30, 2018.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.