|Location||Baton Rouge, LA|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2018|
The general responsibilities for a Pipefitter – Welder include welding of pipe (metallic and non-metallic) and plate using various methods, techniques, and weld procedures/specifications. Other duties include: installation and removal of bolted connections (flanges, vessels, etc.); pipe fitting; preparation of material for welding; drawing and reading blueprints/isometrics; and fabrication and installation of piping systems.
Additional responsibilities for the Pipefitter – Welder include:
- Welds metal parts together, using both stick rod and heli-arc welding techniques.
- Performs related tasks, such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts. Installs modifications to equipment, or structures.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Operates and utilizes assistive devices such as man-lifts, forklifts, or other powered industrial equipment.
- Able to qualify in all required methods in the 6G position
- Pipe fitting and ability to draw isometric diagrams and develop bill of material for piping system construction.
- Dismantle and installation of bolted connections (pipe, vessels, etc.)
- 5 years welding in industrial field in a plant setting
- Certified Welding Inspection (CWI) or other welding certifications are desired
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)