|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to
maintain the heating, water, gas, plumbing and irrigation systems of the plant.
2. Repairs and maintains piping systems and plumbing fixtures.
3. Inspects all connections and other parts of system for leaks.
4. Replaces defective pipe by cutting, bending, threading and assembling pipe.
5. Solders and caulks leaks and broken pipes.
6. Opens clogged drains with plumber's snake or vacuum plunger.
7. Replaces worn washers or other parts in leaky valves or traps.
8. Repairs or replaces damaged plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showers and
bathtubs and/or connects them to outlet and inlet pipes by fitting gaskets, couplings,
traps and valves, and soldering connections to seal joints where necessary.
9. As required, may estimate materials needed and record time and material expended
on each work order.
10. Conduct routine building inspections to assess needs relating to the plumbing trade
11. Complete and/or maintain department records relating to the position.
12. Will have minor supervisory duties when other tradesman is assigned to assist
in the work of the plumber.
13. Assist supervisor with implementing and evaluating effective preventive maintenance
program for the plumbing trade.
14. Perform preventive maintenance work on a wide variety of equipment in assigned
15. Perform daily mechanical inspection rounds in assigned buildings and log critical
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.