|Location||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2018|
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Visual and Performing Arts; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 20,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
The primary purpose of this position is the maintenance and repairs of the campus plumbing systems from the city water supply to the sewage systems. Included in this is the installation and repair of the plumbing fixtures and planned and preventative maintenance on existing water and sewage disposal systems. This position reports to the plumbing supervisor and is responsible for the maintenance of domestic water, heating equipment, as well as, other routine maintenance as assigned by supervision. This position is a mandatory position as defined in the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Install and repair domestic cold and hot water piping, sewer systems, water heaters, circulation pumps, plumbing fixtures, and water fountain/bottle filling stations.
- Test and Repair Back-flow devices
- Perform scheduled PM tasks on various equipment and systems
- Continually evaluate PM tasks and passes recommendations to the PM Coordinator
- Periodically survey buildings to identify equipment not on PM program
- Initiate corrective work order for major repairs discovered during PMs
- Accomplish corrective work orders in response to trouble calls
- All work must be performed in safe manner
- Plumbing work in support of in-house renovation/construction projects
- Submit labor and material reports to supervisor on a daily basis
- Ensure sufficient materials are on hand for completion of projects
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance – NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
- Longevity pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State
Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
- Prefer 5 years progressive plumbing experience in a institutional or commercial environment with minimum of a city card (Journey Level).
- Prefer plumbing license.
- Back Flow certification for testing and repairing.
*Valid Driver’s License is required.
If interested in applying, please visit https://spartantalent.uncg.edu . Click on Staff, then go to Position No. 3824 (Plumber II).