|Date Posted||May 1, 2018|
Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175 years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
We are currently seeking a Plumber and Steamfitter to join our team within our Melrose Park Engine Plant.
Plumbers make, install and maintain all kinds of pressure piping, including piping for restrooms, hot water and steam boilers; heating systems; hydraulics and pneumatics and almost any type of system that employs piping. Steamfitters cut and weld metals and work with valves and pressurized water, gas, steam, oil and other materials. Journeyman pipefitters have achieved a level of training that allows them to work safely on all types of piping in industrial and manufacturing operations.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SHIFTS
Position Purpose and Requirements
Install and repair all factory steamfitting and plumbing equipment and fixtures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Journeyman certification or minimum 8 years experience as a Plumber- Steamfitter
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Must be able to work from diagrams or instructions, interpreting mechanical requirements and calculating necessary dimensions.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of all Steamfitter’s and Plumber’s tools and machines.
- Must be capable of interpreting mechanical requirements, making necessary calculations, computing pipe lengths, and listing necessary materials.
- Experienced and capable of major work related to toilets, wash basins, drains, traps and making service connections.
- Possess general knowledge of hot water and steam heating systems.
- Have a working knowledge of, and be capable of, repairing all types of air and oil operated cylinders.
- Comfortable working from ladders or elevated structures.
- Occasionally will direct the efforts of helpers.
- Ethics and Navistar Values
- Positive Attitude
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
Learning on the Fly
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
It's Uptime at International
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.