|Date Posted||May 13, 2018|
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Plumbing Supervisor will take ownership of all facility plumbing and related projects to include scope of work, sub-contracting, budget, schedule, estimates, manpower and material requirements. Assumes complete responsibility for installation and repair of pipes, fittings, fixtures and drainage systems. This position reports to the Operations Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Provides supervision, leadership, oversight and associated responsibilities to the assigned site plumbing team.
- Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Assembles, installs, maintains and repairs pipes, fittings, insulation, valves and associated items for HVAC hot and chilled water piping systems including welding as required.
- Inspects structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening the structure resulting from pipe installation.
- Locates and marks pipe and connection position and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Uses hand and power tools to cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
- Uses a pipe cutter and pipe-threading machine to cut and thread pipes.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes made from metals or non-metals.
- Joins pipe using screws, bolts, flanges, fittings, solder, plastic solvent
- Tests pipe systems with water or air and reads pressure gauges to ensure system is not leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, sinks, water closets, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers and water softener piping.
- Repairs and maintains these appliances by replacing washers, mending leaking pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Maintains pool equipment (if applicable) including: sand filters, pumps and accessory equipment, chemical feed pumps, tubing and control system.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine required work tools, equipment and sequence of installation.
- Maintains effective, timely, and respectful communication with other employees, manager and supports other organizations.
- Performs other administrative tasks including material ordering, inventory, work scheduling and report preparation.
- The Plumbing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the assigned staff.
- Responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the plumbing operation.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must have two years’ experience as a Master Plumber or ten years’ experience as a Journeyman
- Must have a Plumbing Vocational Diploma or completed an apprentice program with a Journeyman Certificate, and achieved Master Plumbing qualification or have acceptable years of experience.
- Knowledge of applicable US Plumbing Codes and acceptable trade practices required.
- Ability to manage five to seven employees.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Security Vetting: Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Security clearance and maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Language Skills: Professional English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
- Relevant overseas plumbing experience.
- Experience working with PAE.
- Experience working with Scope of Work, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, shop drawings and blueprints.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in supporting supervisory plumbing O&M functions at an overseas facility.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.