While most of us, who are unaware of the true nature of plumbing, might think that plumbing requires little more than arranging pipes in order, or unclogging a drain on a level simplistic, that is certainly not the case. Plumbing has evolved into the rudimentary and banal trade that it originally was into a veritable complex science of sorts. This is in keeping with the demands of today’s infrastructure and domestic wont of construction. A plumber needs to be ready to face all that is required of him, anywhere and whenever the conditions call for it.
However, what are the responsibilities of a plumber exactly? What are the similar responsibilities that run parallel and congruent to plumbers all across the world? Well, for a more comprehensive enlightenment of this information, follow us onward into this text. Below are mentioned some of the typical responsibilities that are required of a plumber no matter what plumbing job he is tackling, or where it is being tackled:
- The first common responsibility that all plumbers need to perform is to assemble pipe sections, tubing and requisite fittings as well. The plumber also needs to be an expert at utilizing clamps, couplings, screws, bolts and other such auxiliaries wherever they may be needed. The plumber should also apply cement, plastic solvent, brazing, welding equipment and so on when the situation demands it.
- The plumber should responsibly fill out pipes or plumbing fixtures when the situation calls for it. Most of the time, the plumber uses water or air to fill out these pipes and then locates leaks by using pressure gauges in conjunction with the aforementioned plumbing fixtures.
- It is also the responsibility of the plumber to review the blueprints as well as the building codes of the infrastructure concerned. This is necessary as it allows the plumber to come to a better understanding of the work details and procedures that will be required in the plumbing job.
- Now that all that is done with, the next step required of a plumber is the preparation of written cost estimates and negotiation of requisite contracts of the plumber job in question.
- The plumber needs to study and assess the structure and plans of the building so as to determine the material and equipment that will be needed to get the job done. It also allows for establishing the sequence of pipe installations that will be needed and generation of a plan for circumventing electrical wiring in the plumbing job.
- Finally, it is the job of the plumber to maintain a detailed record of the job done and formulate detailed reports on the work that has been completed.