As a homeowner, it is important to understand the warranties that come with plumbing work. Plumbing issues can be costly and time-consuming, so it is important to know what kind of plumbers warranty you can expect from your plumber. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of warranties for plumbing work and how they work.
Do Plumbers Guarantee Their Work?
Yes, most plumbers guarantee their work. A guarantee is a promise that the plumber will fix any issues that arise from their work.
Guarantees can vary depending on the plumber and the type of work being done. Doing so helps plumbers earn more leads for their business.
It is important to ask your plumber about their guarantee before they start the job.
Plus, it’s crucial to get the warranty in writing in cases of negligence or other situation that could lead to a lawsuit.
How Long Do Plumbers Warranty Their Work?
Generally, warranties can range from 30 days to several years, however warranties for plumbing work can vary from plumber to plumber.
The length of the warranty can also depend on the type of work being done and the complexity of the work.
For example, a plumber may guarantee a major repair for five years, but only guarantee a water damage remediation for thirty days if there’s a risk for additional issues.
It is important to ask for the plumbers warranty before they start the job, whether they are a contractor or they work full time for a plumbing company.
Plus, the costs of warranties on plumbing work varies. Sometimes plumbers include this in their price estimate, while others will charge this in addition to their standard costs.
Typical Plumbing Warranty
A plumbing warranty, like any warranty, can vary depending on the manufacturer or service provider, but here’s an example of a typical plumbing warranty that you might find from a plumbing company for their services:
Address: [Company Address]
Phone: [Company Phone Number]
Email: [Company Email Address]
Website: [Company Website]
- Scope of Warranty: [Company Name] (“the Company”) warrants its plumbing services as follows:
- The Company will provide plumbing installation, repair, or maintenance services in a professional and workmanlike manner, following industry standards and local building codes.
- Duration of Warranty: This warranty covers all plumbing work performed by the Company for a period of [X years] from the date of completion.
- Coverage Details:
- The Company will repair, free of charge, any defects in workmanship or materials that occur within the warranty period.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, neglect, alterations, or acts of nature.
- Parts and materials used in the plumbing work are subject to the manufacturer’s warranties, and any claims related to these components should be directed to the respective manufacturers.
- Warranty Claim Process:
- To make a warranty claim, the customer must contact the Company in writing, describing the issue and providing proof of purchase and installation.
- The Company will review the claim and schedule a service appointment if the issue falls within the warranty coverage.
- This warranty does not cover any additional repairs or replacements not performed by the Company.
- Any modifications or alterations to the plumbing system made by parties other than the Company will void this warranty.
- The maximum liability of the Company under this warranty shall not exceed the original cost of the plumbing work performed by the Company.
- The Company shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages.
This warranty is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of [State Name].
This warranty is effective as of [Effective Date].
By engaging [Company Name] for plumbing services, the customer acknowledges and accepts the terms and conditions of this warranty.
Customer Name (Print): ______________________________
Customer Signature: ______________________________
Plumbing Warranty FAQ
A plumbing warranty covers any issues that arise from the work that was done by the plumber. This includes issues with the installation or repair of plumbing fixtures or pipes.
Plumbing warranties can vary in length, but they typically last between 30 days to several years.
A plumbing warranty does not cover issues that arise from normal wear and tear or neglect. It also does not cover issues that were caused by someone else tampering with the plumbing.
If you have an issue with your plumbing after the warranty has expired, you will need to contact a plumber to fix the issue. You will be responsible for the cost of the repair.