As a plumber, you have a lot of competition out there. With so many plumbers vying for the same customers, it can be tough to stand out. That’s where pay-per-click (PPC) advertising comes in. In this beginner’s guide, we’ll explain what PPC is, how it works, what platforms offer it, why plumbers need it, and how to implement a plumbing PPC marketing strategy.
What is PPC?
PPC, or Pay-Per-Click, is a type of online advertising where you pay each time someone clicks on your ad.
PPC ads are displayed on search engine results pages (SERPs) and other websites that offer advertising space.
They’re typically marked as “sponsored” or “ad” to differentiate them from organic results.
How Does It Work?
PPC ads are created using keywords that are relevant to your business.
When someone searches for those keywords, your ad is displayed.
You only pay when someone clicks on your ad, not when it’s displayed.
The amount you pay per click depends on the competition for those keywords and the quality of your ad.
The higher the competition, the more you’ll pay per click.
What Platforms Have PPC Advertising?
The following websites offer PPC advertising for businesses:
Why Do Plumbers Need PPC?
PPC advertising can be a powerful tool for plumbers for several reasons:
- Instant Visibility: PPC ads can be up and running in a matter of hours, giving you instant visibility in search results.
- Targeted Advertising: You can target your ads to specific geographic locations, keywords, and demographics, ensuring that your ads are seen by the right people.
- Cost-Effective: You only pay when someone clicks on your ad, so you’re not wasting money on advertising that doesn’t work.
- Measurable Results: You can track the success of your ads in real-time, allowing you to make adjustments to your campaign as needed.
How To Start a Plumbing PPC Marketing Strategy
PPC seems simple at the onset, however in order for the campaign to be effective, there are some important complexities to understand. Here’s how to develop a PPC campaign for a plumbing business:
- Define Your Goals: Before you start your PPC campaign, you need to define your goals. Do you want to increase website traffic, generate more leads, or boost sales?
- Conduct Keyword Research: Conduct keyword research to identify the keywords that are relevant to your business and have a high search volume.
- Create Compelling Ads: Your ads should be compelling and relevant to the keywords you’re targeting. Use ad copy that highlights your unique selling proposition and encourages people to click on your ad.
- Set Your Budget: Set a budget for your PPC campaign and allocate your budget to the keywords that are most likely to generate results.
- Monitor and Optimize: Monitor your campaign regularly and make adjustments as needed. Test different ad copy, keywords, and landing pages to see what works best.
Looking For a Plumbing PPC Service?
If you just started a plumbing company or are just looking to generate more leads, then a PPC campaign might be right for you. Consider working with an experienced PPC agency for plumbers to get more business and grow your plumbing company.